Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wombat Divine



I'll admit, I like looking through the picture books. I've seen some great illustrations, great stories, boring stories, and hideous illustrations. There are so many picture books out there; it must be a very competitive field.



I found this one called Wombat Divine by Mem Fox, illustrated by Kerry Argent. It's about a wombat who wants to be in a Christmas pageant. It has a bunch of different Australian animals, from kangaroos and emus to the more unusual numbat. And guess who else is in there. Yes, a bilby who gets to be the Christmas angel.





It's a rather strange book, and it makes me wonder who would read/buy it. Some people might be attracted to the religious aspect, but then possibly be offended (the wombat gets to be Jesus in the play). The pictures are taken with a camera, not scanned, so you can see my shadow on them.

No comments: