Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Last Course

With these five, I have posted 100 different mammals eating. Whew!





This is a Peary caribou, a subspecies of caribou with a white coat. I like push-ups too!





A Sulawesi palm civet with an artichoke. This is one of my favorites out of all of the paintings.






A tricolored disk-winged bat eats a spoon full of rice. Note the suction cups on the wrists and feet.






Hutias are another grayish rodent. But they deserve love too! She has a wax bean.






If you know me, you could probably guess what mammal #100 would be. Greater bilbies have become "my" animal. I love cupcakes too, so she has one (mmm, red velvet). Hooray!

Thanks for indulging me in this repetitive phase. When I started, I had hoped that I'd paint 100 mammals from 100 different families. Well, taxonomy is an ever-changing science, so by using different (sometimes outdated) sources, I ended up repeating a few. I may go back and paint more so I can have 100 different families. Stay tuned!

No comments: