Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Dinos of a Feather

I like drawing dinosaurs, though I don't do it very much because I'm not very good at dino anatomy. I was watching a show about them the other night while falling asleep. Scientists were talking about feathers, and I might have misunderstood in my half-awake state, but I had the idea that most dinosaurs had feathers. So I doodled up some.

This raptory thing was inspired by the hilarious displays of some birds. You know the ones they always put on the nature shows, with funny music as they wave their wings back and forth. He has curly feathers on his head to display too (not hair!) and floofy legs.


Duck-billed dinosaurs are my favorites. This one is more like a condor or even ostrich though. Movies and shows always have dinosaurs roaring, but what if they made more bird-like sounds?


This makes no sense. A triceratops with a ruff of feathers around its neck, and some sticking out of the frill. Kind of like secretary bird head feathers. Don't ask me where they're inserted, I don't know. Must study dinosaur bodies again. 

No comments: