Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ho ho!


I've had this idea for a while, and just got around to sketching it. I think this would make a fun button set -- animals with double names. I can't think of a good title; it seems that there are lots of words that have rhyming syllables but I can't think of any with repeated syllables.






There are a few more birds that fit this category (dodo being the most obvious) but I didn't want too many of them. I like motmots a lot. Did you know that they make their tail feathers look like this? They pull bits off to make the little spatulas.










Dikdiks are quite a bit skinner than this one but I was trying for more cartoony. The cuscus is my favorite drawing of all. It would be fun to do these again, or some more. I just like to get the idea down before it's lost to the ages like so many of the artwork I see in my head but never record. These are tiny watercolor paintings with purple inking, by the way.

No comments: