Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer!

I'm rusty with gouache! I acquired some postcard-sized pieces of brown paper which I thought would be good for gouache. I was watching Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and thought it would be fun to do a series of little paintings of some of my favorite movies. This is from a scene where Pee-Wee is dressed as a woman to escape the cops. As you can see, I did extensive research for no reason.

Here's a frame I took from the movie that lasts about 1 1/2 seconds so I could get a good look at his shoes.



Here's the inspiration for the painting.
I had wanted him to look more generic, since I wasn't going for a perfect likeness of Pee-Wee; I want the clothes to be recognizable but not necessarily the face. Oh well, I may do some more to practice.

No comments: