Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It's not easy bein' green



First up, we have a green penguin. Not for any artistic purposes, just because I was too lazy to mix black. I was mostly trying out a new outline-less style. I did the green first, with no drawing underneath, so it's a big wonky but it works. Then I added the red. Finally, I scrubbed on some blue to define the white edges. I think it looks kinda cool, but it leaves no room for errors! Penguin photo referenced from a nice photographer who took it for an old Sea World souvenir book.

My other picture is a raccoon dog, acting more doggy than raccoony. I was surprised when I drew this because I don't think it looks like my style. Water-soluble ink smeared around.

1 comment:

Changewinds said...

Cool, neat experiment in style. Eh, I haven't been on here in a while, either. Should really get back in the groove. 'Course, Mary's still got me scanner . . .